Status: Married with 2 children – boy and a girl.
23 years gym experience and over 20 years in the health and fitness industry. I have helped hundreds of people of all ages – from teenagers all the way to people in the 80s and 90s.
I love the idea of being ‘THE BEST YOU CAN BE’ and coach people to be just that: THEIR BEST. I mean this in every sense of the word – physical, mental, spiritual and emotional). Through improved belief in themselves, higher confidence and sense of self-worth, these individuals have gone on to attract the best of what they desire in to their lives – whether it be their ideal job, a change of career or a compatible spouse or partner.
After leaving University with my first Bachelor of Commerce in the mid-90s, being my best has given me the opportunity to work as a consultant for some of the largest and most respected consulting firms in the world. Firms including:
- Arthur Andersen
Being my best has allowed me to give my best to clients. As a consultant working for these firms and others, I assessed risks of business processes and its potential impact on the businesses. I helped formulate plans to help them address these risks to help them be THEIR BEST. Create plans for short-term, medium and long-term prospects for these corporations which contributed to:
- Shareholder value
- Net Profit
I traded in my business suits to pursue my passion of helping people transform their bodies and to make positive changes in their lives. I used these planning skills to develop body re-engineering plans tailored to each individual. Planning skills that enabled me to realise my goal of representing Australia and competing against the best natural bodybuilder a in the world in less than 2 years.
I help formulate plans to maximise benefits and minimise risks pertaining to each student in their body re-engineering goals. Plans to ultimately help each person reach and exceed their original goals, using my framework to body re-engineering.
In the corporate world, I saw the ‘slow-deaths’ my fellow workers were slowly imposing on their lives through inappropriate life-style choices. Choices with regards to energy input and output variables. I wanted to help them, help themselves make better choices regarding their body and mind… And I did.
I wanted to help them change the way they see their world and not accept the status quo and society’s standards. I wanted to help them, help themselves SET THEIR OWN STANDARDS. HIGHER STANDARDS, for themselves.
I grew tired of witnessing inexperienced personal trainers giving inappropriate exercises to mums and dads that were doing them more harm than good. I wanted to provide a better alternative to the people – a BETTER PRODUCT and a BETTER CHOICE. One which not only gave RESULTS but gave it with CARE.
I wanted to provide EFFICIENCY, EFFECTIVENESS and SAFETY to everyone who were brave enough to learn a new paradigm. A new way of thinking when it came to training in the gym and life. My paradigm. Something that has kept me relatively injury-free for 23 years now.
I have been able to share my training philosophy and practise with many pupils, young and old in person up to this point. Past students have achieved their goals efficiently, effectively and with a safe approach (there is no reason to get injured while training with weights).
I NOW want to SHARE what I have with YOU and the WORLD. I want to share with you POSSIBILITIES. Possibilities THAT RESTS WITHIN YOU.
I have one request and ONE REQUEST ONLY: I want you to have UNWAVERING BELIEF in me and my PRODUCT. (An independent survey showed that over 84% of the hundreds of past students that participated in my programs over the last 10 years have either achieved their goals or better).
The switch to full-time 10 years ago – with the goal to increase awareness of individuals of the ‘diamond that rests within each believer’s mind-mine’. I help them, help themselves ‘get their hands dirty’ and dig it up and bring it out to show the world. I help create awareness in my students of the forces of mediocrity and the ‘forces for mediocrity’.
I wanted to help allow that ‘inner-self’ in each individual, each student – to be heard. To be recognised. To be appreciated. To be remembered, that once he or she walked this earth. That his/her life was not in vain. That he or she had a positive impact on the people that remain, however small that may be.
Through my various programs, I have helped hundreds of people, just like you, FIND THEMSELVES AGAIN (teenagers, mums and dads and elite athletes). I have helped these students allow that ‘inner-voice’ BREATHE AGAIN and work towards BALANCE and SYMMETRY (harmony) in all areas of their life.
Making the career switch was not hard because I have always loved muscle (I remember picking up my uncle’s dumbell when I was about 5 ). I love everything about muscles and how it’s intricately connected to the brain/mind. Before I made the switch I had already racked up 12 years of training, devouring everything and anything I could get my hands on (information)and putting in to practise every type of weight-training philosophies and principles.
I had a lot of experience and domain knowledge. For example, I ran several weekly group Body Pump Aerobics classes and aquarobics business at University I was studying while doing my first undergraduate degree. The group classes were fun but it was close to impossible for me to help every single person ‘doing the exercise wrong’ in the classes. I felt I needed to do more to reach out and help people.
That was a short but important phase of my life, firing up an already curious mentality about the meaning of life and my impending switch to do what I love to do.
Through trial and error I have formulated and developed my own unique framework to body/mind re-engineering. A framework “that works”. I have identified a system that maximises muscle and minimise fat loss within the safety umbrella. Has worked for me getting to 2 world championships and over 80% of the hundreds of past students over the last 10 years.
Switching careers has allowed me to not only do what I love to do but to help educate people of all ages achieve their health & fitness goals. I felt the need to change the way I saw the way people were going about their training and:
- Educate and make people aware of a BETTER WAY to train and simplified the complex (creating my unique product that I have shared with hundreds of people)
- Help raise awareness of the importance of proper nutrition to body re-engineering success and the Power of Habit with deliberate practise in (eating right actually takes less time than they think).
- raise awareness that every ounce of muscle is a “fat-burning” Dynamo. That building lean body mass (muscle) the proper way is the best way lose fat. That weight reduction is a “by-product”.
- Help people understand that “HOW you train” is more important than how many times you train
- Encourage students to ‘work the muscle, not the joint’ and learn proper technique and not let ego training go unchecked
- Raise awareness that it is Body-shape, not body-weight that matters and that losing weight and focusing only on the scale is not necessarily the healthiest option and is more risky
- Promote a broader definition of total health & fitness and not just the current popularity of focusing on just ‘weight-loss’
- That life was about Energy Management, not Time Management (managing energy in/out is a big part of body re-engineerng towards being your Best)
- Help people of all ages overcome their fears of the gym and break mis-conceptions they harboured of it
- Show students how the right attitude goes a long way to being their best
- Create awareness of the power within and help EMPOWER the individuals through strength of body and mind
- Encourage individuals to NOT ACCEPT the STATUS QUO and provide a vehicle (my products using my unique framework) to raising their standards and move closer to THEIR POTENTIAL
- Help people understand that the POTION OF YOUTH is muscle. That one of the most important investments you will every make in your life is to work, build and preserve muscle. Preserve your muscle, preserve your mind.
- Help them imagine a better self, provide a vehicle for change of their SELF for the better. Better SELF, Better Life.
- That you can build a great physique NATURALLY, without the need to turn to performance enhancing drugs.**
I love doing (helping individuals of all ages achieve their BEST), I have incorporated all the skills I have used in the corporate world to aid in company’s ‘bottom-lines’ and applied it to being the BEST I CAN BE – PHYSICALLY.
If I can do it, so can you!
Within 2 years of leaving the corporate world and applying my framework to body & mind re-engineering I found myself standing on stage against the best natural body-builders in Australia and beating them. For two consecutive years I represented Australia at the World Natural Body-building Championships held in New York, USA. I placed in the Top 5 in both years.
I went from being my best in the corporate office stage to being one of the best natural body-builders in the world stage within 2 years. This is what my programs help reveal – how to realise your potential. How to BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE. You might even surprise yourself. You may even surprise the world.
What an exciting journey that was, but without the right plan and team support (my wife), it would not have been possible. Took a lot of effort to get there, but I got there. It is this same approach that I have successfully helped people of all ages with. I help them, help themselves find their BEST SELVES. They use one of my products adopting my uniquely-developed framework to BECOME THE PERSON THEY IMAGINE THEMSELVES TO BE.
For example, being MY BEST:
- has allowed me to win many regional and state natural body-building titles.
- has also helped me take 2nd place (runner-up) to the Australian Champion on three separate occasions.
- has allowed me to represent Australia twice at the World Natural Body-building Championships in New York USA and been ranked in the top 5 Best Natural Body-builders in the World – 2007 and 2008.
- Has allowed me to own and manage a gym for 7 years and devote my time to helping the local community and its people be their healthiest and fittest selves.
I believe I am the BEST AT WHAT I DO and that is in coaching people who seriously desire to being THEIR BEST**. I have coached using my unique framework over the last 20 years to help people achieve success and minimise any chance of failure.
I feel very blessed to be able to do what I love to do to when I have to do it to help serve people who love what I do.
Let me show you how to achieve YOUR BEST. Let me help you BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE. Let me help you set and realise your goals. Let me help you close the ‘gap’ between how you see yourself in the mirror and how you imagine yourself to be. I did it – TWICE (when I realised a dream of mine to stand on stage against the best in the World in New York, USA and placing in the Top 5 representing Australia).
Let me show you how to believe again, allow me to show you how to believe in YOU again like I have successfully done with hundreds of past every day person. Allow me to help you dream again (what is a goal – it is a dream with a deadline). Allow me to wake up the ‘champion’ that you know resides in you and is just a little dormant all these years. Allow me to ….. make you better:
Let me help you get peace of mind again.
How much value do you place on this – peace of mind? Allow me to help you ‘take back control of your mind’. Let me show you how great the benefits of my programs are for you and for your life – in the short-term and in to the distant future.
Allow me to teach you how to believe in belief itself. Learn how it is not the thing believed in, but the belief in your own mind that brings about the results you desire.
With regards to many diseases in life (physical or mental), most people try to ‘fix it’ with a ‘band-aid/short-term’ treatment, ie., they try to change conditions and circumstances by working on those conditions and circumstances. A terrible waste of time and effort.
In my programs everyone accepts that their conditions flow from a cause. That cause is the way you use your conscious mind, the thought and images you encourage in it.
Over 80% of people who have experienced one of my programs over the last 10 years have succeeded because they have found a treatment for the ‘cause’ of their self-limitations.
They have successfully changed the effect by changing the cause. My programs works to improve confidence levels and sense of self-worth, through increased awareness, appropriate actions and the desire to adapt towards the person they aspire to be.
Successful clients come out of the programs a new, improved physical and mental specimen. In their journey they have learned HOW TO apply the laws of the mind. By mastering this, they have experienced some of these blessings and more:
- Building an aesthetically pleasing physique (the elusive “X-Frame” for men)
- Achieve high level of strength, health and fitness and experience a significant reduction in snoring (a lot of happy wives and girlfriends)
- Infusion of Vitality (the ‘essence’ of life)
- Inner/external harmony in their lives through balance and symmetry
- Catalyst to build something ‘bigger than themselves’
- Increased confidence and improved self-image to overcome ‘self-imposed fears’
- Overcoming the fear of ridicule and criticism and to ‘put one’s hand up’ and to ‘have a go’ and criticism’s hold on the student’s progress in life
- That increased awareness in the internal/external self is the key to progress
- Improved engagement, more passion for life, more powerful and more happier through an improved attitude of gratitude.
- That setting higher standards for yourself and challenging the ‘status quo’ is necessary for body re-engineering (and life) and is uncomfortable. Understanding that a little bit of discomfort is a good thing.
- Increased awareness of the realization that sometimes the safest thing they can do feels risky (challenging the status quo) and the riskiest thing they can do is ‘play it safe’.
- Increased curiosity of and life – one of the keys to each student distinquishing their own greatness from the mediocrity that stares every one of us in the face.
- Successful achievement of goals is directly related to the right attitude, part of which is the willingness to adapt.
- Help make the ordinary – extraordinary!